Monday, May 17, 2010

Don't know why I am doing this. There is no turning back.

I have signed up for a one week course on translations. Learning the ropes of translating from BM to BI. Its the second day now.

Yesterday Sunday was a full day stretching from 8 in the morning to 10 pm at night! It rained hard after class.No way was I able to go travel home at such a late hour. But having a room all to myself is not very comforting.

Today I learned to translate legal papers among others. It is not easy to get the correct and précised term . What is "should" in normal translation becomes "shall" in the legal term. It is a very tedious job , slow and long hours spent pouring through the dictionaries etc. just to get the exact words. Translations is not about translating of words but more of translating of meanings and keeping close to the source language as one can possibly can.

Come this Sunday it will be exam day.Hmm... don't know in what state of mind i will be when the time comes. it is most taxing mentally and physically.

Oh well....Que Sera sera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...