Monday, July 5, 2010

Here I am . On Monday, still having a hangover.

I promised myself I will never get into that situation again. But of course, sometimes promises are made to be broken.

Well, that was my third marathon. Going online and watching the most recent Korean dramas, that is.

The latest was 24 episodes. It was truly a marathon. As soon as I got home from work on Friday, I was determined to finish what I started earlier on. So, that was what I did. The whole of Saturday right up to almost midnight, I sat and finished all 24 of them. I don't know how I did it but I did it. It was sheer relief when the last episode came on.

And darling hubby got roped in as well. At first it was just occasional glances as he was typing away on his net book. Then I saw serious concentration. and before I knew it or even he knew it , he was glued to the all the episodes. Of course the occasional comments here and there from him as the story dragged on, in several of the episodes.

And at the same time it was the crucial German-Argentina Quarter finals. So, sometimes, he would go out to catch up on the latest score. And his plans to wash the car and everything else went right out of the window, thanks to me. Now at least he will understand why I am into this thing.

So, officially, I am a Korean dramas addict. The story line, the human drama , the emotions, all in one . Not that I understand the language.

Its like watching the Hindi movies once upon a time. In fact, those days, the majority of Malay cinema goers either patronized the Malay or the Hindis movies. Box office hits films like Bobby, Sangam and more recent like the kuch kuch hota hai were watched by the majority of us . Never mind if the understanding of the language was confined to a few syllables, but I cried when the heroin cried, I felt a thud of the heart strings just as it was felt by the heroin. Silly it was but something about those movies. Of course, the songs were great too.

So, here I am, into my third drama within a space of 2 months. But I suppose I will have to slow down now cause beginning this month until the end of the year, I am going quite busy with my work . Lots of lectures coming up plus consultation jobs with the schools under my supervision.

I don't know whether I can curb this addiction or not. Only time will tell. But it had been a fantastic journey. The songs are good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...