Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Another 2 weeks , it will be almost a year that I have not penned anything. Kept telling myself that I need to do it but really could'nt find the right time to really sit down and really sort out my thoughts .
Yes a lot has happened during these past few months, a year almost.

2016 has really been a very busy year indeed.

After my last RAI treatment in Oktober 2015, I took 3 months medical leave. The third round of RAI took a toll on my physiological conditions. It was tough with extra complications piling on. A good three months rest and I was back on my feet early February 2016. By then, I missed a few important events at my workplace. And of course upon my return, my immediate head was most cautious in assigning duties to me. Boredom set in... not used to being the wallpaper , so to speak. By March I was demanding extra duties from almost all quarters. Of course , this being my last year as a servant of the goverment.. early April 2017, I will really be throwing in the towels for good. Well, it was indeed a blessing in disguise that I had second thoughts in late 2014. I cannot imagine how I would have coped with my situation had I retired then. Working was a good deterrant. It kept my mind off my condition. And I have no regrets about the second thoughts at all.

I thank Allah swt for answering my prayers, for the tests that HE has put me through. I thank my loved ones for the support and love shown throughout my journey . Alhamdullilah my last visit to my oncologist, I was given the clean bill of health. Of course I will still need to go through my yearly checkup, meaning the ritual of one month off all iodine-based foods, taking in the RAI once again but this time in smaller dosage , all these will be done for the next five years or so.All cancer survivors worry about the relapse of the condition.. and if that happens it would be more severe than the first time around. My prayers is that I will not have to endure that phase once again... Insya Allah.

The last few months have been busy months for me, workwise. I have travelled to first time places and districts ,covering from the states up north to down south as well as to the states of Sabah and Sarawak. I hope to be able to pen all my thoughts on these journeys soon. It felt good that juniors in the education are appreciative of the sharing of experiences and knowledge `I had with them.Soon.. oh yes.. soon. I will archive them all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...