Reflections
I am stuck in a time zone. taking things in, reflecting over the past day or so . Something which I didn’t think that I would be facing or doing. It just started with the intention of looking back at my finished work . It was last year. Just about a couple of days ago, I wanted to look again at what was compiled . I wanted to do a synopsis of my findings and share it online with my audience. Little did I know that by doing so, this have made me realign my thoughts, even my mindset on thoughts on my children’s paternal ancestors.
The past two days or so, had been another eye opening chapter for me. To really understand the struggles and the hardships that my late father in law and and his family went through just so that his family, his children were given a shot at better opportunities in a land away from home .
When i first did the compilation of materials for the book, I was too caught up in the process of making sure the book would be ready in time for the gathering on the first of Syawal , 2019. I did not take the time to actually go through all those notes/ messages /write ups, to actually read them all . I simply skimmed through, making sure everything was in order, sent them for editing and sorting them to their respective chapters in the book. I knew they were precious collections of memories that held dear to them and now that they wished to share these memories with their siblings , children, grandchildren and hopefully with the future generations of the clan, with the hope that these members of the clan, and the future generations , will know a little more of the history and life journey of their ancestors.
Life is a time line . It is a continuum. We came, we lived, we reproduced, and we leave .
And I just finished translating the whole book into the english language . My intention is that it will be read by a wider audience out there and that this will give an insight into our journey through life. My write up on my father’s and mother’s ancestors is almost complete. But I am giving my full attention to this first. The book on
Mengenali asal usul Keluarga Keluarga Dimyati @Haji Taib bin Mustafa dan Wakirah @Hjh Rugayah bt Daslan is my contribution to ensure the legacy of the two most important persons in my husband’s life is documented and archived for future generations.
Our life story is our legacy.
Have you shared your family story with your children and your children. Your story is your legacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment