22.10.2020
There were changes with the security of the place. The guard on duty stopped me as soon as I walked past him. That was my first entry point after signing in into the hospital’s system. It had never happened before. He wanted to see my time slot. It was a reasonable of him to do so. To stop from overcrowding of the waiting area.
Before, the signing in was done once. After that we were free to move to all other areas.
But now at every point after that we were instructed to sign in. After the first sign in, the rest was done through the My Sejahtera apps. That is, before submission of the form for registration. Then again while waiting for call from the blood unit.And at the entrance to the pharmacy. Once done, to purchase food at the kiosk, sign in once again. For yesterday’s event, it was 6 times total.
I suppose with the recent spike in numbers everyone is extra cautious.
But I noticed that there were many first timers since the new SOP.I saw a few of them, especially the elderly, trying many times to sign in via the smartphone. They do set up a counter for manual signing in. . But the queue was quite long. It is not every day that we visit the hospital. For some, this could be their visit after the lockdown. Mine was rescheduled from the month of May to the coming Monday of next week. But I needed to get the blood test done before next week's appointment. Since the curfew was lifted, yesterday was my third visit. So, I do consider myself as a veteran in these time zone!
Since the latest restricted movement within the districts of the Selangor state, a lot of checkpoints were set up at the strategic entry points. At the toll plazas there were police officers on duty. So, yesterday I was expecting to be stopped since it was cross the border journey. I was all prepared with all the documents as proof. But no checks! But I was informed that they stopped after the first day operation. The cars queues apparently were causing massive jams at these points. I think it was a wise decision to discontinue doing so. I think the traffic will be greatly reduced with the latest instruction for workers to work from home.
This time frame of restricted movement within the district will end on the 27 th of this month. But by the looks of things, I don’t foresee the light at the end of the tunnel just yet. Not too soon.
So, in the meantime, let us help in containing this spread. Stay home. Do the social distancing if there is a need to go out. Wear the mask. It protects you and it protects the person you are in contact with. Keep abreast with the latest postings on the current status of the spread.
So, let’s keep safe and healthy
Hopefully the steps in place will help. Look after yourselves everyone. I wish you good health and all the best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment