Friday, March 19, 2021

My Ramblings

19.3.2021

 

Arwah mak would be 85 today. But she left us just about a week after her 81st birthday, on a cool Friday morning, 24.3.2017. I was at work. I received a call from my husband informing me of  her demise at about 9.30 am that morning. I packed my bag  and drove straight downhill from Gentings to Subang Jaya. When I arrived,  she was already placed  on a mattress in the living room.

 

Just the night before, kak and I made arrangements to take her home from the hospital . The doctors told us that there was nothing much that they could do anymore. And it was time to bring her home. And so I messaged on the Omarians chatroom, informing them of the situation and requested them to come to Subang jaya and say their final goodbye. 

 

At the hospital we made arrangements to take her home . We arranged for a private ambulance service.They came and soon us three were set to leave the hospital. There was a lady in attendance, apart from the driver. Both kak and I sat at the back  with mak on the stretcher . The driver was very skilled and experienced in manouvering the van in the evening traffic, I think it was about 8 pm, there were many cars on the road , the after work traffic. But the van managed to reach within a space of about 10 minutes or so. He drove fast ,but I felt in safe hands.  That was my first experience riding in an ambulance. I managed to record the event .

 

Upon arriving, the house was slowly being filled with siblings, and nephews and nieces. Soon almost all were there . I remember Mak was looking around at her children and grandchildren. She was just looking, taking in the scent.maybe photographically everything in her head.

 

I left for home that night. She passed on the next day. Very peacefully,  said my sister.And on that day my eldest sister turned 64.

 

It has been 4 years now. 

 

There is something about losing your mother that is permanent and inexpressable- a wound that would never quite heal.

 

Mak… always loved, never forgotten, forever missed.

 



 

Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established.”  Quran (Surah Ibrahim, 41)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...