16.2.2022
The conversation.
A conversation that was narrated to me by my husband. This happened at the local grocery store. He was with his grandson Abu Dzar.
AD: Tok Sam, can I buy drinks. I will pay you later.
TS: Yes, of course you can. You don’t have to pay.Tok Sam will pay.
AD: I will pay later when I have the money
TS: It won’t be too soon. Maybe in 20 years time when you start to work.
AD: 20 years? That is too far away. Maybe you two will not be around any more.
TS: Silent.
So, he got a can of coke for himself not only for himself but a can of latte for big brother Aqil, one bottle of mountain dew for big sister Alya and a small can of coke for little brother Hamzah.
That conversation reminded me of an episode with my son Amir Iswadi. I think it was in 1988. The school which he attended was having a charity bazaar. That morning , his ayah gave him £1.50.He came back with goodies for all :- mak, ayah, sis Aisyah and brother Atif.
And that was a most defining moment.And so was today.
Kepada cucu ku Abu Dzar Tok Wan Zek nak semadikan peristiwa semalam di sini. Insha Allah 20 tahun akan datang, atau mungkin sebelumnya Abu dapat membaca coretan ini. Mungkin Abu dah lupa peristiwa pada pagi 16.2.2022. Inilah Abu yang Tok akan ingat selama lamanya. Diantara 4 beradik, Abu is a thinker. Kadang kalanya, Tok terkejut dengan luahan dari mulutnya.
Ada satu peristiwa di rumah tok. Semasa tu, Abu ada mendapat ole ole wang kertas dari tok saudara yang telah datang menziarahi kami di Selayang. Sambil memegang wang tu, dia bertanya.
Abu: Tok Wan Z, what do I do with this money?
TokWZ: You ask mama to keep for you. Later you can deposit them into your bank account.
Abu: Hmm.. Right now I can’t have my own account. My account is link to mama’s account. I am too young to have my own.
Tok Wan Z terkedu diam. Bila masa la dia belajar link to mama’s account? A standard one kid?
Tapi itu lah Abu Dzar. Kadangkala bila ia bercakap,ayat ayat power yang dikeluarkan dari mulut dia.
Banyak lagi nak diceritakan di sini. Insha Allah bila ada kelapangan masa akan ada sambungan cerita . Sebelum memori tok wan zek terpadam…
No comments:
Post a Comment