20.3.2022
And the winner is….
Dah dua kali dah menang tournament ni! Setiap kali menang dapatlah 1000 points.
Actually it is not much the points that matters. Its to say to oneself you can still perform under presuure.
From non placement, the slow climb up the ladder was indeed most exhilarating indeed.And the real challenge is when you are neck to neck with others vying for the top post and time is not on your side.So you go into the marathon mode. The last few hours of the time given was the killer phase I would say. It’s a do or die kinda of situation. The pouring of the adrenalin, the mind trying to stay focussed in view of the mind fatigue setting in. At one stage I was just one point ahead of the second positioned player. So , to ensure I stayed way way far ahead, I stayed on until I managed to be about 100 points ahead. And there was no way she could catch up, not for the last 2 hours remaining!
I shared the joy of winning with my grandchildren.
Wah… Tok Wan Zek is a gamer! A gamer? Well I never thought of that. I always associate a gamer with someone with a remote console, attacking and firing at opponents, rescueing damsels in distress and so on.
A word game gamer I am then.
Now the kids have caught on. The three of them. Aqil, Alya and Abu Dzar. They are getting the hang of it. And everytime one of them is stuck , they would come to me for help. Sometimes I am able to immediately give the answer. And they are impressed! Waa.Tok Wan Zed you are so good! Well, not really actually. Because there is a pool of common words that would be used time and again. So, there is where the memory faculty comes in. And I think it is helping me to stay sharp and focussed.
The brain game I would label it as.
Currently there is an ongoing tournament.This Butterfly Tournament is on every fortnight. I am at position no 4. I don’t think I can catch up to position no1.There is about a day and 8 hours left. I am too focussed on getting the house done before Ramadhan sets in , and that is only a few days away.
I will take a back seat this time.
Until the next tournament , of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment