Friday, December 18, 2009

Going in Circles

That what what happened to me yesterday after the three day course at the palm oil plantation resort.

I just couldn't find my way our to the high way . It was just driving round and round and ending at the same spot. The roads out looked so unfamiliar from the first time I drove in on Tuesday afternoon. Maybe then it was quite dark when I left my office. Due to the monthly meet which ended at 4, I managed to leave office at 5 pm. The skies were almost dark by 6.15 pm. Perhaps it was because i had company I wasn't aware of the surroundings, busy talking away. The road signs were there , but I couldn't remember the particular junction I should turn into.

That was the biggest mistake that one could ever make when in unfamiliar surroundings. I should have kept my eyes opened and took notice of strategic landmarks. It was something that my late father used to tell us , to be aware of one's surroundings especially when one is behind the wheels .

Lesson well learned. What was supposed to be a 2 hour journey turned out to be almost 4 hours. The roads were narrow and winding. Big lorries, fast cars with drivers who think they own the roads .

I 'm very sure there will be more trips to this place since it is one of the institute's favorites 'hide out'. A nice place, far into the countryside, away from the mainstream. Who would have thought there would be a nice hideaway smacked in the middle of the oil palm plantation. The ambiance is nice, they have many outdoor facilities, Flying Fox, basketball courts, tennis courts, volley ball court, of course a golf course and a nice swimming pool. The food is good, home cooked . The famous river fish, patin was served on the first day, and it was so good, I went for seconds.

The course, well, it was ok. Lots of things to do once the participants report for the 4 credit hour course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...