2.1.2019
Dear Alya Zulaikha……
I am so so nervous (am beginning to sound just like you! )i want to pen all my thoughts and emotions on this very important day… your first day at the big school! Yes! Tok Wan Zek is just as excited as you are! I cannot really imagine that you are actually going to the same school that your mama went to ! Your mama’s alma mater! I know you are a bit nervous about making new friends, about how your friends will response to you, perhaps due to the slight hiccup in the communicating area. But its ok, you are going to be just fine. Your mama went through the same concern when she first entered the school... straight into standard 2 , but eventually everything turned out ok.
I know you will not be able read and understand truly what i am penning . But i hope one day your mama will show you this piece of message to you. Maybe then, i will not be around to see your reaction or even to see whether you have become the person that i prayed you to be.
Dearest Alya....
I see a lot of myself in you.. i was decribed as a very quiet pupil by my class teacher( (that was what she wrote in my primary school leaving certificate!) But like you, i loved music, I loved dancing and singing. I realised that potential in me when i came to secondary school. I transformed into a different person when i was on stage. I was into drama ( acting) and this passion continued into my university days.
What i am trying to say to you is Alya, follow your dreams. Be the person that you wished to be, not because of anyone else. Why am i saying this? You mama and Ba have raised you well. They have equipped you with the basic values that will guide you and ensure that whatever decisions that you are going to make will still be within the boundaries of those values instilled and nurtured in you.
Alya, be confident of yourself, reach for the skies.. i know you can be the person of great stature. Belief in yourself. Its ok to be shy.. that’s you. But shyness will not limit your boundaries. Look at me! I was described as a quiet and shy person. But here I am! I overcame all that !! You know how? The acting streak in me! I pretend that i am on stage whenever i am facing a sea of audience. And they are here to see me act my drama! Doesnt make sense? As a dramatist , i was very animated... my passion for whatever i did was very well received by my audience! And i have the gut feeling that you will be taking the same path as i did.
I do not know Allah’s plans for me. I do not know whether I will be there to watch you blossom into a fine young woman.
There is this song that i used to sing to when i was young . It goes like this:
When i was a little girl i ask my mother what will i be
Will i be pretty will i be rich?
This is what she said to me..
Que sera sera, what ever will be will be
The future’s not ours to see
Que sera sera, what will be will be..
I see a lot of myself in you.. i was decribed as a very quiet pupil by my class teacher( (that was what she wrote in my primary school leaving certificate!) But like you, i loved music, I loved dancing and singing. I realised that potential in me when i came to secondary school. I transformed into a different person when i was on stage. I was into drama ( acting) and this passion continued into my university days.
What i am trying to say to you is Alya, follow your dreams. Be the person that you wished to be, not because of anyone else. Why am i saying this? You mama and Ba have raised you well. They have equipped you with the basic values that will guide you and ensure that whatever decisions that you are going to make will still be within the boundaries of those values instilled and nurtured in you.
Alya, be confident of yourself, reach for the skies.. i know you can be the person of great stature. Belief in yourself. Its ok to be shy.. that’s you. But shyness will not limit your boundaries. Look at me! I was described as a quiet and shy person. But here I am! I overcame all that !! You know how? The acting streak in me! I pretend that i am on stage whenever i am facing a sea of audience. And they are here to see me act my drama! Doesnt make sense? As a dramatist , i was very animated... my passion for whatever i did was very well received by my audience! And i have the gut feeling that you will be taking the same path as i did.
I do not know Allah’s plans for me. I do not know whether I will be there to watch you blossom into a fine young woman.
There is this song that i used to sing to when i was young . It goes like this:
When i was a little girl i ask my mother what will i be
Will i be pretty will i be rich?
This is what she said to me..
Que sera sera, what ever will be will be
The future’s not ours to see
Que sera sera, what will be will be..
No comments:
Post a Comment