16.7.2021
Simple but complex
I am writing this after a very long rest and sleep. On and off , on and off.
The triggering factor to today’s situation was so simple, nothing complex nor complicating to comprehend and do.
So, I thought.
Daughter messaged to help her ‘feed’ her sour dough concoction. She was concerned that the fermentation was not working.
So mum was tasked to feed by following a few simple instructions.
The first step was to weigh the jar. Remove the cap and weigh. Well, that was simple.
Took out the weighing scale, switch it on and weigh.
But it was not so simple.
Fiddled with some of the buttons ( only 2 actually) . Walla! Got it.
Next, to remove some of the fermented stuff. Daughter said the reading must be 75.7gm, not a gram more , not a gram less.
So began the journey of no return!
Took out a tablespoon, then weighed the jar. No, no no. The scale went blank.
Tried again. Lift jar, fiddle fiddle. Put jar back on scale. Reading slightly off. Daughter said précised mak.
Couldn’t get the precise measurement. Because the reading kept changing to its whims and fancy.
After a few more attempts, the scale refused to give anymore reading.
By now I was beginning to feel stressed. I could not proceed nor could I abandoned the jar. All the while I was online with daughter. She could sensed the change in my mood.
Husband came down, tried to rectify by removing the battery and fixing it back on. Immediately it read 8888. Battery dead, said husband.
I left the jar and all the flour on the table. Went up to my room and slept. I needed to ease the tensed muscles and mind.
Today had been a roller coaster of endless sleep, only to wake up to perform my prayers and back to sleep.
It’s almost 12 midnight now. I have been up about 2 hours now. Went to apologise to my daughter. Sob ! Broke down and cried.
Attempted a video call to birthday son but I think he must be asleep. He posted a video of a small birthday cake ordered by his sweet wife and delivered to his house, about 365 km away. So sad. He is all by himself down south. Hang in there son. Insha Allah we will all meet again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment