16.7.2021
He is 40 today!
My first born is 40 today! How time flies! I remember going up the stage on my graduation day with him in my belly. We graduated together!
Being first born and being first time parents, it had been a learning experience all the way. A learning curve. Yes, of course , the motherly instinct does come naturally with childbirth but the parenting skills needed to be reviewed as we go through the journey. No one goes into parenting knowing exactly how to handle everything that is thrown at them.
Mistakes I have made as a mother and a parent. I wish I could turn back the clock and realign those actions . But I know it cannot be so.
Yes, I have many regrets.
I started my career about a few months before he was born. It was tough trying to balance between 2 new jobs at the same time. But I tried my best to be a good mother, a good wife and a good worker. In those days, it was not an option to quit my job to raise a family. I was the first in my family to have graduated from a university. I wanted to make my parents proud of my achievement, I wanted to earn in order to provide whatever I can. Its pay back time . That was my mindset .
So, dear son. Happy 40th Birthday to You!
Never forget that we love you . Believe in yourself as much as we believe in you.
When life tries to knock you down, These OLD BEARS will always have your back.
We can’t promise to here for the rest of your life BUT WE CAN PROMISE TO LOVE YOU FOR THE REST OF OURS…..
The day you were born was the happiest day of my life. I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment