21.3.2021
One Best Friend changes a million things
Sometimes, the best things in life are not things at all.... but the people who make you feel loved and cared for.
And when friends are not always just friends... Sometimes they are like family.
These two phrases best describe the true blue comradeship that I heard and witnessed today. I am in awe of the level of commitment and dedication that they shown towards one another during some of the challenging moments that either one is faced with. They went into it together without worry of the consequences. I am not able to relate the actual incidents. I need to respect the privacy of the persons involved but it hit me hard and I felt most humbled to be in such a company.
A relationship that spans many years, going back to their primary years to secondary to the current times when they are successful career persons in their respective fields. Truly amazing. My hats off to these lovely of ladies!.
I was their teacher for the last two years of their secondary school. That was in the 1995 , if I am not mistaken. We lost touch. I moved on to another school and my last job was as a senior lecturer at the training wings of the MOE until I retired in 2017.
Quite recently, they reconnected with me. They came over. We had many hours of catching up and stories to share. It was non stop chatter from all five of us!
Then last Sunday I was invited out to lunch. The food was great, the company was even greater. Two of them ( of four) were not able to make it. That was when I learned more about my student’s current situation. It breaks my heart and it saddens me . But the take away from all these is that strong women don’t play the victim, don’t make themselves look pitiful and don’t point fingers. They stand and they deal.
And sometimes the hardest walk is walking alone, but it’s also the walk that makes you the strongest ( Brene Brown)
No comments:
Post a Comment