17.12.2022
Keep calm… and breathe
I was tested . Allah tested me. I kept calm throughout the whole episode. But my mind was running overtime, strategising of all the possibilities and options . I had them listed.. mentally.
It was an all night event, Started around 10 pm, after the kids were settled in.They were served fried chicken rice, leftovers from the afternoon’s lunch.
We were about to settle in too. Had a small conversation, nothing of real importance. Then he wanted to get up to go to the bathroom. The minute he put his head up, he started to feel faint and told he was experiencing a blackout. He lied down, took a breather and then he got up. The same sensation was felt. A worried frown was starting to form on his forehead.
After a few more attempts it was clear that he was immobolised for the time being.
I was calm. I went about preparing a urinal container. A cut out mineral bottle. And that was his mini toilet for the next 4, 5 times release. I went down to get my grandson’s diapers, just in case he needed he defecate, that would be his deposit outlet.
In the meanwhile our conversations were cntered on all the possible causes that could trigger this sudden spinning and inbalance. The blood pressure machine registered normal, but the pulse was slightly lower than the normal . Could that be the cause of this? Next it was going online to try and connect the symptoms to the experts’ diagnosis.
A lot of possibilities:-
Low BP, dehydration, medication, sleep apnea, heart failure, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
But whatever the possibility, the next step will be to consult the medical expert once this episode is over. And the condition stayed throughout the night and early morning. Eventually, by 9 in the morning, he was able to slowly moved his head without feeling the intense swirl. But he still needed to be helped.
And by morning I was feeling exhausted and tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment