11.2.2023
Throwback
Something peculiar happened about 10 days ago. I received a message from an old friend, a former neighbour, play buddies and school mate. We were in no contact for a very long time actually. But the number is still on my contact list. So, on that particular evening I received a salam. I replied the salam. The next message was a request for help. I replied Insha Allah, God willing. My friend wanted to borrow 3K to be repaid on the 4th of this month, i.e about 2 days away.
I don’t know why but I didn’t feel good about this.Weighing the pros and cons. Finally replied I couldn’t help because I am quite tight on my budget . A lot of back payments that needed to be settled. Then my friend immediately replied asking for just 1K. I was still not too sure. I still have that don’t feel good feel about this whole episode. I was contemplating on whether I should reply once again or simply ignore the last message. Now my head was telling me, beware of scammers! They work in mysterious ways! They can steal your phone, still use your phone disguised as you and before you know it, you are being scammed!
A lot of things running through this head of mind. Where are the siblings? They are quite comfortably secured and siblings being siblings will help out whenever possible.
A few days later, I came across a write up on scammers from one influencer. There was one screen shot message that sent shock waves down my spine! : the words used were exactly as that I received.Merely conincidence or what?
’ Blh tlg tak’?
Now.. did I do right or not?
No comments:
Post a Comment