Saturday, February 18, 2023

17.02.2023




I can’t remember the last time I drove in the twilight hours… dim street lights, fast cars in all the 3 lanes. And to top it all,eyesiight that is not in the best of state. The astigmatic condtion of both eyes didn’t help in trying to get a clear focus of the traffic. I was seeing lots of dispersed rays! 

 

Started the journey at about 6.40 am. Struggled to keep focus on the lane, to keep at pace with the rest of the cars… hitting on the brakes many a times.. the level of confidence on a scale of 10 was maybe 4. But the show must go on. The clinic appointment was scheduled at 8 am. Reached the hospital about 10 to 8! 

 

A sight to behold! A huge crowd in the waiting galley! No seats available. Only standing room. 

 

Punched a number P046 . Waited to have the number called.. Oh no no. There was change in the registration system . Had no  idea  until a young lady standing just a few meters away told me about it! So I had to place my appointment card together with the number slip into a tray at the counter ( which by the way was not within our view ). So that was a loss of precious waiting time ( an additional 20 mins waiting time that is).

 

It was almost 10 when I finally managed to see the oncologist. She remarked I looked tired. So that was THE  oppurtunity to tell her about my episode . And of course she too had a share of traffic woes every morning and evening! We had a conversation outside of my intended visit. And it was such a destresser!

 

The journey home was a bliss! I could see the roads and manged to manuever my precious baby home without much fuss. 

 

A short power nap and a cup of brewed coffee to recharge the tired bones and eyes! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks, new ways of maneuvering through the ...