Tuesday, March 7, 2023

 7.3.2023

 

Vertigo

 

Still feeling a bit disoriented… groggy in the head, slightly feverish. 

 

It was a  second time attack. The first was about 2 weeks ago. Slightly mild than the latest.. 2 nights ago it was.  It was about 11.30 pm. After our bedtime conversation, I turned over in my position and suddenly I felt light in the head. The second I opened my eyes, I could see the whole ceiling spinning right before my eyes.I immediately shut tight and opened again. Once again I felt the  unbearable sensation .Immediatley I asked my husband to take my BP reading. Initially it was 139 and slowly climbed to 150. It was time for ny medication. An extra dose of the BP pill. By now,  I started to feel an intensed stoamach ache…of all the time! I asked my husband to get one of my grandson’s  diapers (which now remind me I need to go back to Selayang to get the spare adult diapers )

The senstion of intensed  stomach pain was just like the first time this thing happened.

The next thing to do was to lie still and ride off the sensation. After about 30 minutes, I could open my eyes and the whirling sensation was gone.

  

The morning after… still slightly groggy and feverish and nausea. Lost appetite for food. Fruits only that is acceptable by the palate. Maybe this is the time to lose those extra kgs gained from the recent trip to kuantan..

 

Well late last evening after a chat with my sisters, apparently the symtoms that I was going through were the same symtoms that they go through during their attacks by the condition known as vertigo.  This condition is not new to them because it has been years that  they endure this condition.They shared a lot of tips  on  how to cope when this condition strikes. The nausea and the tummy ache are common conditions. 

 

Apparently, once the condition strikes, do not close one’s eyes as the conditions will worsen. The eyes has to give signals to the brain to stabilise the brain. With the eyes open, the spin will slowly stop after about 2 minutes. Not to move around or to stand up, and focus on something. Avoid sudden movement of the head,avoid sleeping on flat surfaces, your head must be higher than your shoulder, tilting your head backwards especially when lying down is to be avoided  as it will trigger vertigo. 

 

And so since this condition struck, I have been googling online for more information. Quite comprehensif, the information out there. A lot to digest and sieve through. And here is one video that one my sister shared on what to do when the condition struck. https://youtu.be/mQR6b7CAiqk



No comments:

Post a Comment

 27.5.2025 Changing my ecosystem at this late age is most stressful indeed! Having to learn new tricks,  new ways of maneuvering through the...